Marrakech is a city that offers a unique and captivating experience all year round, but there’s something extra special about visiting in February. This time of year is the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in the local culture and traditions, with a variety of festivals and events taking place throughout the city. Here’s what you can expect when you visit Marrakech in February.
- The Marrakech International Storytelling Festival One of the highlights of the month is the second edition of the Marrakech International Storytelling Festival. This festival brings together storytellers from around the world to share traditional tales and folklore, as well as contemporary stories and performances. The festival takes place in various venues throughout the city, including the Dar Bellarj and the Music Museum. Whether you’re a fan of traditional tales or contemporary storytelling, you’re sure to be entertained by the talented performers and fascinating stories on display.
- Explore the Souks and Bazaars: February is a great time to wander the bustling souks and bazaars of Marrakech, as the cooler weather makes it easier to navigate the narrow streets and bustling stalls. Shop for unique and handcrafted goods, from traditional Moroccan textiles and ceramics to exotic spices and jewelry.
- Visit the Majorelle Garden: Take a stroll through the tranquil and colorful Majorelle Garden, a stunning oasis in the heart of the city. Created by French painter Jacques Majorelle, this garden is a blend of botanical and artistic elements, featuring vibrant blue buildings and lush vegetation.
- Indulge in Moroccan Cuisine: Marrakech is renowned for its delicious and flavorful cuisine, and there’s no better time to try it than in February. Visit one of the city’s traditional restaurants, such as Le Foundouk or Dar Yacout, to sample dishes like tagine, couscous, and pastilla. Take a cooking class at our Riad Star: Learn how to prepare traditional Moroccan dishes with our cooking classes, starting from 500 dirhams per person. Our experienced chefs will guide you through the ingredients and techniques used to create dishes like tagine, couscous, and pastilla. At the end of the class, you’ll get to sit down and enjoy the fruits of your labor with your fellow classmates
- Relax at a Hammam: February is also a great time to unwind and relax at one of Marrakech’s traditional hammams. A visit to a hammam is an essential part of the Moroccan experience, offering a chance to soak in the warm waters and rejuvenate your mind and body.
In conclusion, February is a fantastic time to visit Marrakech, with the Marrakech International Storytelling Festival and a variety of other festivals and events taking place throughout the city. From exploring the souks and bazaars, to indulging in delicious cuisine and relaxing at a hammam, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant and captivating city.