Our cookery school ethos at Marrakech Riad is really simple, Keep it fresh and keep it healthy!
For our tapenade recipe the first step is to visit the local market to buy today’s best ingredients.
Then we can begin to cook a delicious meal!
1 cup/200 grams black cured olives
2 tablespoons capers (rinsed and drained)
1 or 2 cloves garlic (pressed or very finely chopped)
1 tablespoon harissa
1 tablespoon lemon juice (or to taste)
Optional: 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh and chopped)
1/4 cup olive oil (or more to taste)
1. Wash the olives and remove the stones and then mix the olives with the capers.
2. Chop the olive and caper mix until they begin to form a thick paste, this can be achieved by hand or in a food processor.
3. Mix the chopped olives and capers with the harissa, garlic, and lemon juice.
4. Taste and adjust as desired.
5. Store the tapenade in a covered glass jar in the fridge.
superb on small toasts as a canape!
Simple delicious food is our trademark.
If you would like to visit our Marrakech cookery school please click here to make arrangements